Main Menu

News:

Support Claytonia:   

how many bi-daily elves are left? and other things...

Started by vandypool, May 02, 2014, 12:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vandypool

seems like there was a rush of new elves and suddenly no new ones. I really don't want the same fate of the orcs.
Also what's to do with the now vacant housing in elf spawn? And I also sorta miss the opposition of the orcs... not complaining about new classes but we really need a evil-pillage/kill class to create more pvp events or player vs more AI mods?(to add to the already leveling system). Just seems like everyones just cool with each other and no conflicts except the nightly events which is fine it stays in the rules but I really like some conflicts for stronger pvp. Seems like I'm either building, randomly wandering or building lore. Feels like we're building an MMORPG (which is fine in a sense we have to be) but not always experiencing one. Again I'm not trying to complain about how things are on the RP I'm just tossing out ideas. :)
Grand Wizard over 1 year and counting on Claytonia!

Tslat

We have Alfar, but apparently people are complaining about them too..

Elves aren't going anywhere anytime soon.
Not sure why they're quiet though
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

vandypool

Yes that is a step in the right direction with the alfar... and people complain wayyyy to much about other classes as long as there not burning your structures I have no issues with an opposition or two. It's almost like people on here feel like rp mean complete law and order and we all know RPGS aren't that way and thats what makes rpgs so fun. IDK maybe I'll start a revolt sometime. Peace time is boring... xD
Grand Wizard over 1 year and counting on Claytonia!

Kathryn

Maybe it's time for me to start hanging around elf... after all, Saya really IS the only non-sibling Kat won't go after...

Millarz

Millarz the elf was cool with the orcs even if they were killing her for fun. But I see why they were taken away and I find it sad that it had to come to that. I've been meaning to put my two cents into the server and partially explain why I haven't been on, and I guess this is a good place to do it. The biggest reason is that I no longer have any goals on the server besides finishing that darn tree house and I hate building without flying or commands because I'm spoiled by classic servers. That can't be helped. What I've realized also though is that the environment and feeling of the server changed, and I guess I was kind of deterred by it. No, I'm not talking about those fields in front of my island. I mean all the story lines and everything. There's nothing wrong with the story lines and I enjoyed learning about them, but there came a point where everyone was so serious about it and I was always so lost because I could only come on once a week or so. I really liked how the server was before all the intense plot lines came about, when people could act as their race in playful ways taunting the other races or having mini-wars and at the end of the day, we could fish together. It felt like a little family.
Then Note came. I of course only ever heard about him and never saw him and there's nothing to be done about that either. It's just fact. And I was fine with that. It was something interesting going on in the server that gave the server a story. And then Kat was kidnapped and this new race appeared and what is this 'alfar?' and Arbor and Ludum made these things and what happened to Saya and why is everyone building villages and what happened to Tsplat and what is everyone talking about with this new plot line and where are my animals and what's going on here? And I'm not criticizing the story either. It's an RPG server so there's a story line. I'm just saying that if you're not a hard core player, it's much too hard to keep up with the story. The server started feeling less like a family and more like a war with more serious people. It was less playing around and more strict story for me to get lost in. And that's when I stopped coming to the server.
There's nothing 'wrong' with any of this story line seriousness. It just wasn't really for me. And I daresay it's not for most people. I think it'll be harder to find and keep people on this server now because only people who go on the server a lot will want to stay. And if that's how you want the server to be, so be it. This is simply why I do not go on as much anymore and why I think people don't stick around. I could be wrong. But these are my two cents. Or... by the length of this post, my two bucks :p

tl;dr Story line is too heavy and easy to get lost in for casual players.
I should come up with a clever signature... eh I'll do it later.

Tslat

We're redoing how the story is presented to be more friendly for casual and new players millarz.
I recognise that it was hard to keep up, which is why we're gonna be trying to make that change.

Also what do you mean 'what happened to Tsplat'? I'm still here..
If you have problems with the server Millarz, gotta let us know.
This server is about the players after all, but we can't do anything if we don't know there's problems
Like what you see here?

Zito

I think she meant, what happened to the Real Tsplat, the one that just suiceded at spawn all the time and couldn't eat or do anything. He vanished and was replaced by Timbre, the Murderous Alfar.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tslat

Well of course I'm not gonna sit there and splat forever..
Like what you see here?

Millarz

Remember that time I messaged you asking who Timbre was and it showed up as me messaging timbre? I was referring to that :p And I just realized that whole spiel recently. And it's not a problem per say. It's just a way of running things and some ways will be better for more people is all, but it doesn't make the other ways wrong (unless it's like /kill-ing everyone every minute or so or something like that :p). I definitely have to come and check out the new format. Though do keep in mind that the first problem I mentioned is still there and that's nothing but me causing the problem :p

Tslat

Yeah that's still fair enough, just trying to help..

thanks for the comments though
Like what you see here?

Millarz

No problem and sorry if I sounded snippy ._. I get way too defensive sometimes.

Tslat

All good, say what you want - feedback is always welcome
Like what you see here?

Millarz

Saya

Hmm I did become high elf. other than that nothing has happen to me ^^. i really wanna see your tree finished i like it so far.

Zito

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Millarz

Why thank you, Saya. Gah I have to do some of it this weekend! No more procrastinating!