Main Menu

News:

We are back baby!

High Elf and the Council.

Started by Tokilin, February 26, 2014, 06:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tokilin

Let's face it, elves are supposed to have one. Our current High Elf has been absent as of late, and had better do something interesting if he wants to keep his position. (Yes, I mean you, Zito)

Should he fail to do so, a new High Elf will have to be chosen, and so let the nominations begin. Those nominated have the right to refuse the position.

Current nominees:
Saya

Should a nominee not use the forums, they will be notified that they have been nominated. I'm not on all the time and neither are you, so help with information spread is always useful.

------------------------------------------------

On to the council. It's gonna be a tough on to set up, not all elves use the forums. So those that do would be greatly urged to collect information, from active players to the clans themselves. Of course, the notice board at the Tree of Life will also need to be kept updated. If you see outdated information, update it please.

Currently there are a number of clans in the Elven Village. I don't know them all myself from my absence on the server, help with which ones are active would be greatly appreciated. We'll need about 2 or 3 clans at the very least to form a council, and from there we can set up times to have said meetings

Clans:
Spruce Wood Elves - Leader: Tokilin
( Help, please ^^; )

Keep in mind that a clan should have at least 2 members, active would be preferred, but we all know that it's sometimes impossible. The leader of the clan himself needs to be active though (Can't participate in the council if they're not on, can they?), unless they notify the people of Valebat.

The council is a position where community builds, resource gathering, political issues, and various other topics are discussed and (hopefully) decided upon. I would like some maturity involving it...
Until next time, this was Toki
   How useful was this post?
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]

Woodsy1995

I smell mutiny you scalliwags, Sorry i've been watching Pirates of the Caribbean
From Lizard to John O' Groats, is the land I own

Millarz

Tis true we need a council, but as I have no clan since my clan deserted me, I cannot help you in enlarging this council.
I should come up with a clever signature... eh I'll do it later.

Zito

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Millarz

I'm not sure how to. Besides, I kind of like having the freedom of not being attached to a clan. If I find one I'm really attached to, then I might join or make one if a bunch of clanless elves I think would be a good clan come on.

Tokilin

All you need is two, and at this point, there really isn't a responsibility for being in a clan... Lack of a council, haha. Plenty of elves walking around, find one and make one. It's simple.

The only time more restrictions on clan making will be applied is when we get about 10 or so 2 person clans ^^;
Until next time, this was Toki
   How useful was this post?
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]

Millarz

I mean that I'm not labeled as part of the clan. I can have relations with all clans and be unbiased by all but my own opinion.

Zito

I wouldn't be so hasty there Toki. We need a council, and it will take a LONG time to get ten clans at the rate things have gone so far. The highest number of clans we have ever had, to the best of my knowledge, is five...

Millarz, there isn't really any responsibility to being in a clan. The only one with any responsibility would be the council member from the clan. Even then, they basically just have the power to vote for whatever in a council meeting. I guess that involves a bit of responsibility, but not really.

Also, to make a clan:
1. Have at least two members
2. Build some from of Clan Meeting Hall in the Elven City
3. Contact the High Elf (Or, in his absence, a high ranking Elf)

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Millarz

I suppose I didn't explain well enough. I like not having a label. My character is a free bird. I might join a clan later still.

Zito

Ah, I see what you're saying. Well, I hope you change your mind!

~Zito #corrupt4dmins