Main Menu

News:

Support Claytonia:   

Mzmerize761's Battleship The Board Game

Started by Mzmerize761, May 21, 2013, 12:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mzmerize761

Welcome to Battleship The Board Game, the classic game you all know and love brought to life with redstone in Minecraft.

How to get there: There is a portal in spawn in the basement. Take that portal and you'll be teleported into the Main Lobby.

# of Players required to play: 2

Time it takes to finish a game: approx: 30 min - 1 hour.

Detailed Instructions On How To Properly Play The Game:

1. Once you have two people that want to play the game, go through the portal at spawn and enter the main lobby. The lobby splits into two colors, Blue and Green. Both players need to enter a separate side and go up the stairs into their color's waiting room. Once in there, both players need to step on the single pressure plate that says wait here. You will then get teleported into the next step.

2. You will now be in a room with gravel on the floor and two chests. Replace all holes, if there is any, in the ground with gravel from the chests. This is an important step. After that, replace all gravel you didn't use in the chest and push the button that says "To Start The Game". You will then get teleported into the next step.

3. You will now be in the Main Playing Area. This playing area is separated into two gameboards. The gameboard that is on the floor is where your ships will be and where your opponent will shoot. The gigantic gameboard on the wall is where you will shoot at your opponent. This Battleship Game is split into two separate phases. The first phase is the ship selection phase. The second phase is Starting the Battle.

NOTE: There may be gravel blocks on top of your gameboard on the floor. Remove any and all gravel blocks on the floor before continuing. This is important.

4. First Phase: In this phase you will be selecting the positioning of your battleships. In Battleship, each team has a total of five ships under there control.

Each team has 1 ship that is 2 wide, 2 ships that are 3 wide, 1 ship that is 4 wide, and 1 ship that is 5 wide.
See Below
1-1x2, 2-1x3, 1-1x4, 1-1x5

NOTE: Due to massive redstone and rendering, I highly suggest resetting the game at this point (Before placing ships) to prevent any problems during gameplay. To do so, [1 Person]needs to go to the wooden door that is labeled "Reset the Game" and push the button that is inside of it. Wait 1 minute before continuing gameplay. Thank You

To place your ships you have to select the coordinates of each part of the ship, (See Select Coordinates Section). Once you have selected your coordinates, that part of the ship will be placed for you.

For example: If you wanted to place a 1x3 ship in the row F, you would have to select the coordinates F5, then F6, then F7.

You would continue that pattern until all of your ships are placed.

Once all of your ships are placed, (note: you should have 5 ships and a total of 17 gravel blocks placed on your gameboard) push the button that says "When you have placed all of your ships push this button" which is to the left of the confirm coordinates button. When both players have pushed this button, the game will continue into phase 2.

5. Second Phase: In this phase you will be playing the actual game.

Note: On the gigantic side boards, the number of ships should say 5 and 1 of the turn lights should be on.

Once you go into this phase, 1 team will be randomly picked to go first, note the large turn light on the sides of the gigantic peg board. If your team's color is lit under the turn section, It is your turn to make a move.

Select the coordinates that you want to fire the same way you placed your ships, (Please see the Select Coordinates Section). Once you have selected your coordinates, the system will register your shot and a peg will shoot out of the gigantic peg board on those coordinates, A red peg would mean you have hit their battleship, while a white peg would mean you have missed their battleship.

It will now be the other player's turn to do the same back to you. Once they have selected a coordinate, a black wool on your gameboard will be lifted indicating where they shot at you. If there is nothing above the black wool, they have missed you. If there is gravel above the black wool, they have hit one of your ships.

Note: Everytime one of your ships gets sunk, you need to push the button that's labeled "Ship has Sunk". This is located to the right of the launch coordinates button. Once this button is pushed, the counter of the number of ships will decrease by 1.

Once one player runs out of ships, the game will automatically go into reset mode after congratulating the winner. It will take approx. 45 seconds to reset the game, Please use this time to break all gravel blocks on your gameboard. When the reset is complete, you will be teleported back to the room in step 2, Please refill all holes in the floor, before pushing the button that's says reset the game.

6. Selecting Coordinates:
To do this, you need to go the left wall, (If you're facing towards the gigantic peg wall). This wall will have 10 different letters and corresponding buttons for them. Push the button of the letter that you want the first part of your coordinate to be. A torch will now be lit above that letter, indicating that it is the current letter selected.

Then continue to the back wall. This wall will have 10 different numbers and corresponding buttons for them. Push the button of the number that you want second part of your coordinate to be. A torch will now be lit above this letter as well, indicating that it is the current number selected. At this point you will have a letter and number selected which selects the precise coordinate on the grid.

Continue to the last wall. This wall will have a sign saying "Confirm Coordinates and Launch" and a button for it. It will also be surrounded by red wool and redstone lamps. When you are sure that you want those coordinates, push this button. This will then confirm the coordinates in the system.

7. Misc:

If for some reason you have to leave before the game is finished, please exit the game properly. Do not just log out and do not just /spawn. Please follow the instructions below

Push the ship has sunk button wait a few seconds and push it again, Keep pushing it until your team has zero ships left. Once you have done this the game will go into reset mode. Let it reset and then fill in the gravel blocks. Once you have done that hit that button that says leave game. Thank You.

Lastly, Have Fun. I hope you enjoy Battleship the Board Game

-Mzmerize761
Steam IGN  : Mzmerize761
Xbox Live IGN: Mzmerize761

Mzmerize761

Also, it is officially opened to the public.

fishingrat7

Clay

I know this is a lot to read but please people do the right and mature thing, just sit down and read the whole thing.
Trust me its worth it, this game is tons of fun when you know how to play.

This game has incredibly complex redstone and is automated as much as it possibly can be. Once you read how to play its really quite simple, but you have to read.

The admins will only help you so much, If I see that a player as obviously not read a single part of this post I will just make the game off limits to them until they can tell me how to play.

Im sorry but due to the complexity of this game it will be next to impossible to type out instructions in game.

(admins feel free to edit this post)
http://youtu.be/7XL8HV0GcPM  <--Share the video

DubhAingeal

yeah its open yay okay mz I challenge you! do except or deny with shame?  ;D

Mzmerize761

Well, I can't live in shame now can I? Of course I accept, after all I have the home court advantage. Hahahaha.