Main Menu

News:

Online Since 2012

Anyone down for some Terraria?

Started by Zito, February 16, 2016, 03:35:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zito

Seeing as somebody (Not so) subtly mentioned Terraria, if anyone wants to play, I'd be down.

Steam is Zito6694 but not sure if it'll work at this moment tbh.

I'm on Pacific time (same as California).

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Clay

as far as TOA wanting a Claytonia server...
There is no native linux dedicated server. Before you ask, yes I could  get it to run on linux but I'm not too keen on running a compatibility layer on a production server as they cause a lot of problems.  So for me to run a server we would need to rent a hosted server and that would need to be funded by someone.
http://youtu.be/7XL8HV0GcPM  <--Share the video

Zito

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tslat

Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

Toa Mata Nui 9

Quote from: Zito on February 16, 2016, 03:35:28 AM
Seeing as somebody (Not so) subtly mentioned Terraria, if anyone wants to play, I'd be down.
Well... that was partly to give me something to laugh at, and partly because I was tired. Also partly because I had recently found out just how awesome it is (by attempting to push the limits of the mobile demo). I still have to buy the game on the PC.

I planned to go back the next day to edit it, so as to make it short and to the point, with only one or two [short] sentences. It wasn't there so I did my usual paragraph or so -- although I hate writing essays, I somehow tend to manage typing the equivalent of one on a semi-daily basis in around one to three forum posts. Don't ask, because I don't really know how either.
If you were wondering as to why I was tired, I had been busy for nearly 5 days trying to do the job of two people -- my job, and the job of ToaRanger9, as he was sick for about that spell. Not to worry though, he is fine now -- I had a friend looking after him during that time.

Anyways, if any sort of server arrangement could be figured out, whether between the players or otherwise, I would certainly try to hop on from time to time.

P.S.:
Quote from: Clay on February 16, 2016, 11:16:24 AM
as far as TOA wanting a Claytonia server...
There is no native linux dedicated server. Before you ask, yes I could  get it to run on linux but I'm not too keen on running a compatibility layer on a production server as they cause a lot of problems.  So for me to run a server we would need to rent a hosted server and that would need to be funded by someone.
GameHosting.co seems pretty amazing.

Quote from: Zito on February 16, 2016, 01:44:04 PM
At roughly what price?
$6.50/month for up to 12 players. In other words, everyone in the community that plays Terraria or wants to -- in all likelihood -- could play whenever they normally would, without issue. EDIT: -- except for potential latency issues, depending upon where they live. There are only 5 servers, 3 in US, 1 in UK, 1 in France.
~Current Claytonia Vanilla Minecraft Photographer, Toa Mata Nui 9

(If you need to contact me, you can usually find me on Steam.
However, I will try to check my inbox on the forums more often, so if I'm not [available] on Steam, try PM-ing me here.)

Clay

so for $6.5/month ill get a server up and running for you

what about GameHosting.co  seems amazing?

Toa Mata Nui 9

wait on the server 'til we have more people wanting to do it, at least 2~3 around the same time zone, 3~4 total.

just the ratings and whatnot: http://comparegamehosting.com/host/gamehosting-co/

However, I will try to check my inbox on the forums more often, so if I'm not [available] on Steam, try PM-ing me here.)

Zito

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Millarz

I'd likely pop my head in if a terraria server was put up.
I should come up with a clever signature... eh I'll do it later.

Clay

Seems like some interest is there. I'll look into it more in-depth when I get some free time.

Toa Mata Nui 9

Just got Terraria, hyped.

Just played some single-player Terraria, hyped.
Edit: March 02, 2016, 07:13:26 PM by Toa Mata Nui 9

Recently fixed Terraria letting other people join my local-hosted server, but not me; have yet to determine if it lets other people on still, though it should. (It was letting me join another person's local-hosted server, but when I tried hosting from my computer it wouldn't let me join, and had to invite them on Steam for them to join it. I think that it could have been due to either the methods used, or just Steam being weird.)
Edit: March 06, 2016, 06:29:24 PM by Toa Mata Nui 9

So, what's the status on the server atm?
I am asking because a friend of mine -- to which I had mentioned the possibility of said server -- was wondering about just that.

Edit: March 14, 2016, 04:31:40 PM by Toa Mata Nui 9

Regarding what I added on March 6, 2016, I did manage to get local-hosted servers working, and wound up discovering that someone I had previously met in Minecraft also had the game, and was a far more interesting player of Terraria than of Minecraft.