Main Menu

News:

Support Claytonia:   

Just some Ideas you might like

Started by mazocado, November 16, 2014, 12:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mazocado

Just a few fun ideas

1) I think the elf should be aloud to enchant and the human brew potions as this would add a bit more balance and gives the elf something to do as a balance of having melee restricted

2) maybe adding the ars magica 2 mod as it allows for more detailed magic and make it so the bosses arent allowed to be spawned unless it is done through a hard level quest and it would again add something protective but not heavy an elf or any other race could wear, it would also add alot more to adventure for and put the vanilla resources to allot more use balancing some spells, i think though this doesnt need to replace spellbound as it means the elf/humans actually will use magic more giving it a better purpose on the server you can give the elfs the tier 2 altar for spell crafting only allowing them to craft medium level spells and give humans a tier 1 altar allowing them to craft weaker but still usefull magic

3) Adding Railcraft as this would make builds for traveling more fun and detailed and allow the dwarves better and safer traveling systems over time

4) ZombieAwarness would be REALLY cool as it would increase the intelligence of a zombie allowing them to sense you from farther away and if you agro a zombie it will chase you to the last place they saw you, it in general just increases the AI by ALOT

5) Adding maybe iguana tweaks for tinkers construct as it would balance the tinker tools alot and give them more of a work for power kinda feel and it would add much more fun into things giving it a major RP feel as it gives weapons and tools alike a leveling and upgraded system also meaning no one can have an OP Weapon when they feel bored, they HAVE to work for it and hope luck is on there side

6) adding maybe a new race as vampires allowing for them to have to be in a dark cave lit with only torchs no real daylight allowed, these could be an enemy force to the others, only allowed to come out at night to do there bidding, you could add the blood magic mod that would allow them to have there own role and give them things to do during the days within minecraft, as an enemy to humans the vampires could like come and kill villagers and other players (if they are allowed to kill players though then Keepinventory may need to be put on to prevent new players from losing alot of things) for there "feast".

7) now i havent mentioned alot for the elfs cause honestly with magic and bows i think they would be well defended at this point and have a good reason to be played more

If you need any links to any mods please feel free to let me know and i will throw them your way :D

Nagajolokia

I did suggest Ars Magica 2 already and it was turned down for being to OP but considering we can put restrictions on it and TC weapons can be made to insta kill anything that is not a boss I would still love to see Ars magica 2 on the server. I don't like spellbound mostly because the tablets can be rather expensive and are one time use. Harken Scythe is the only reason I did not re-roll as a dwarf when I first started playing.

Tslat

I can modify the costs of spellbound items if needed btw

A more indepth discussion is required on extra mods
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

mazocado

yah spellbound spells dont look to hard considering you can buy them for a diamond coin and from playing for just a little i did get a good amount of currency, but i do think elfs need something to make them more wanted cause they dont seem very strong or useful and from what i have seen there are hardly none, i think some sort of a buff would be needed

Woodsy1995

Elves*

I do agree about the Elves Even as a human I think maybe we should have the potions and them the Enchanting, the only problem with that though is that there are so few elves that to get something enchanted would take you ages to find someone who could do it
From Lizard to John O' Groats, is the land I own

Tslat

No the problem with that is the backlash I'll get for taking enchanting away from an already established human playerbase
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

VTA

swapping potions for enchanting would actually debuff elves, as the potions in the mod are extremely powerful much stronger then enchanting.

the main problem with ars magica is its size and CPU intensity. plus it wont add that much more to the server that the current mod doesn't.

I think rail craft would only get use on occasion and again wouldn't add enough to the server to justify the space.

Ill look at the other mods and make a decision on them.

Thanks for the ideas keep them coming.

mazocado

I can agree that ars magica does take up a bit off CPU but from past uses and modpacks i have made myself it isnt much to conflict with the others and i would like to disagree as i think it adds alot, sure at first it seems to be a little but there is an entire skill tree in ars magica to create different spells with over 1k different combinations for spells with different effects and uses and it adds a plethora of new mobs along with tons of new gear and blocks for building that not only magic users would be able to use. i can understand though if you dont want to use it due to CPU usage but i was just stating the point that it adds alot and i did some tests and it was running fine with the other mods i used including mixing it with the most resource demanding mod out there "eternal Isles" (this excluding shaders of course) along with other ones like buildcraft, industrial craft and twilight forest