Main Menu

News:

Online Since 2012

Custom NPC

Started by Blaidrug, July 11, 2014, 10:02:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaidrug

A thought occurred.
Once we have the hierarchy set up, will the leaders of each race be allowed to create NPC's for their kingdom?
Maybe even set up quests as well.
Or will you leave that ability to the admins? Kinda, "GRAND WIZARD! I need more guards and people in my grand empire! I beseech thee!" type thingy.
Who's afraid of the big, bad wolf...

Tslat

If it were up to me, there's no way anyone but admins would be creating NPCs
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

Blaidrug

And, really, that does make sense.
Course, on the other side, presumably each race would choose someone who could be trusted with that power.

And on the other other hand (turning into Zaphod now XD) it doesn't make any sense, rollplay wise.
Plus, it would leave the player acting as the king or queen out of the quests, since he's actually already made them.
And, on that same line of thought, it would leave the argument open that, if they're allowed to make the NPCs and quests, why not allow them to build the areas, dungeons, things like that. Kinda get out of control, I would imagine.

Tslat

Regardless of every point you just made, those who can make npcs also have access to every other one we've made, and all of the other players' saved quest data.

So in effect, trusting a player to make NPCs is also trusting them with all of the CustomNPC data for the whole server
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

Blaidrug

Oooh I actually hadn't thought of that. lol
Probably a good idea to leave it to you two lol