Main Menu

News:

We are back baby!

Quinn's New Server House/Building Shenanigans

Started by _Quinn_, May 03, 2014, 06:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Quinn_

So here we go again with another of my Claytonia building/shenanigans thread. So ive just now started building some of my own stuff after building alot of community projects. Im doing a similar thing underground due to the size of builds ill be using. This part of the house is kind of a cold/ice theme. Heres the first of the pictures. Main lobby and chest room :)

Ignore the bed

My beautiful chandelier

Chest room

This is in normal lighting without gamma up

About all ive got done in a day, got a long way to go so let me know what you think.

Zito

So much for Vanilla MR. Mini-Map :P. That aside, awesome looking place! I really have always liked the Spruce/Stone Brick look, and it always works. You have a good balance there, and the sunk-in parts of the floor add to the look of the room. Good job man!

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

JudgeCrane

Smooth andesite would look really nice with this style, love the packed ice walls.
Oh, you think darkness is your ally, but you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it.

sharingjan

smooth andesite yeah, cant wait till 1.8 update to make things a lot more nicer. but great build already quin.
There are no stupid questions except for stupid questions

_Quinn_

I haven't seen any of the new textures yet, hopefully it comes out soon. Slime blocks are adding alot to redstone id like to make some cool stuff with that. I decided to go with a texture that isnt used much in normal design for interior and such so i went with packed ice and i built around that. The stone slabs and stone brick go really well with it. Thanks for the feedback guys , id like to see your builds up here too :)

Edit: Yeah i use Reis minimap i really like it. Waypoints are just an easier way to remember where things are rather than writing down 50 coordinates. Most of the features of that mod dont work on the server. Just waypoints and the minimap.