Main Menu

News:

Support Claytonia:   

Seawell and the Great Light House

Started by Tokilin, March 23, 2014, 11:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

furryoldlobster

Surprised by either the sudden questioning, or the anxiety causing ocean of death, Jayne loses his grip and tumbles quite gracelessly onto the dock, nearly missing Leila on the way!  Now on his back, the half-orc looks up at his ally.  "Thought we should split up.  Ray and I can check out the wreck we passed, while you and Zen learn what you can of the nearby shipping lanes".  Jayne rights himself and stands up. "Ashen said we only have a couple days to figure this all out".  Jayne awaits Leila's response before venturing back to the wreck. 
Sustainability comes from small gestures. Don't let your comfort become waste.
~ cinema sign.

Millarz

"Why go explore the wreck?" Leila asks with her eyes narrowed. He isn't getting cold feet, is he? "I'm sure the blue captain can get around to it and he'll be plenty capable. We need you as a wall on the ship in case we're attacked. Bozo-Zen and I can't tank an attack."
I should come up with a clever signature... eh I'll do it later.

furryoldlobster

"Its that carved table the weak-feeble-frail-headless man left", Jayne starts.  "I think he's somehow from that wreck.  I want to know more, and I don't trust the blue captain enough to let him have at it"

Believing himself to be in inner-monologue the fighter continues without realizing it, "That should suffice for an answer....she can't know my two crippling fears are water too deep to swim, and then explaining that fear out-loud"
~ cinema sign.

Millarz

Leila rolls her eyes. "Come now on the boat. Once we've gone out to sea, you can ask Zen to make you some floaties so you don't sink." Despite lying about Zen being able to make floaties, if it really came down to it, she is willing to try making floaties for him. The sorceress actually has ideas on how to make something that could float for the orcish man and deep down, she wants to try her idea out.

Convincing
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 16, total 16[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

Leila's voice is comforting.  Unfortunately, her floatie-crafting skills are less appealing.  "You go ahead.  I'm sure that Captain, you're fond of will help out", speaks Jayne.  He doesn't wait for a response and begins walking off the dock and towards land.  Safe, no where to drown, land. 
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Ray wasn't sure what had just happened, but he knew that being alone was a dangerous thing. He quickly went after Jayne.

Leila and Zen were left alone on the ship, it was quite the pairing. The red captain looked at the two standing on his deck. "Well? I guess we'll shove off then." The captain took to the wheel of the ship and shouted at his men, who in turn took to their positions. The ship floated from the docks and the sails opened. They were off.

Jayne and Ray walked to the wrecked ship. It didn't take as long as before, but it was still quite the distance. It was a bright day out, about 2 in the afternoon. The sun shone bright, revealing most of everything. The ship still had the same dreary, wreckage feeling.
Until next time, this was Toki
   How useful was this post?
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

"Alright Blindey.  Let's go check out this wreck", declares Jayne, who steps aboard and looks around.

Spot Check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 19, total 19[/blockquote]
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Jayne had managed the climb to the desk. The floor was slick from lack of care, and it seems as though the elements have had their way with it. The wind and water of the sea was harsh. It looked like a normal ship top, well as normal as Jayne could tell. His fear of deep water has probably kept him far enough away from deep sea-faring ships. Among the noticeable things on the deck, there were notch marks on various things as though swords and weapons had been used. The wheel was smashed, and the ropes seemed to be scattered all over the deck. There was an entrance to the hull of the ship and the captains cabin.

Meanwhile, Ray motioned to his throat to show that he couldn't speak as opposed to being blind. He seemed upset the half-orc had gotten his disability wrong.

Millarz

Jayne walking off in the middle of their conversation ticks Leila off. No one says no to Leila! Who does Jayne think he is, leaving them without a tank? Well, screw him then! Leila storms onto the boat, shoving Zen out of the way of her hurricane, and makes for the lower deck where she could be alone. Itzal senses her raging mood and takes off for a more solid perch on a barrel nearby. Once upon a time, Leila's mother wanted to get her checked out for bi-polar disorder. Some illusory magic put an end to that. Maybe she really should have gotten that checked out...

furryoldlobster

Ocular disease.  Speaking disease.  It's all the same....well all the same in-that Jayne has neither issue.  This ship was definitely attacked, either by a storm, or by other, more sinister means.  It's time to check out the captain's quarters.  Without hesitation, Jayne attempts to kick down the captain's door, and then looks inside. 

Door Kick
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]
Spot Check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Jayne kicked the door in with ease. He probably would have broken his foot the way he had hit the door if the latch hadn't of already been broken. Upon walking into the Cabin, it was plain to see there was no struggle. A large window at the back end of the room let in light enough to see everything clearly. From the charter desk to the captains bed, everything seemed in place. The itself was fairly plain, it was a boat though. There was a simple rug on the floor, tan and plain. As Jayne could see, the only odd thing about this room was that everything was untouched.

furryoldlobster

Surely, there should be some disruption from crashing a boat on the shoreline, therefore the lack of it is still worth noting.   Everything seems to be in its place...too in its place.

Jayne looks around for a captain's log, or at least some journal of the events that took place here.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 11, total 11[/blockquote]
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Jayne found the log, the last entry detailed smooth waters and clear skies. He also found that the ship was from a town coming to give supplies to Seawell. It seemed as though whatever happened to this ship, happened quickly.

furryoldlobster

If the weather isn't to blame, then what is??  There has to be a reason this ship crashed ashore. 

Its time to investigate the innards of this ship.  Jayne makes his way back to the hull door.  He readies himself and attempts to kick this door open as well.

Hull Door Smash
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 19, total 19[/blockquote]
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Ray didn't know why, but for some odd reason, Jayne hit the hull door with his fist. The weathered door shattered into splinters splendidly. Upon busting open the door open, a pungent smell smashed into the two heroes noses. It smelled of rotting flesh and death. Despite all of the holes in the hull, the smell seemed to have gathered in the hull. Whatever was causing the smell seemed to either be strong or in plenty supply.

Zito

Name: Zen Komanu               Bonuses:           Str: -2     Con: +2
Health Points: 7/9                                           Dex: +0     Int: +4
Strain Points: 17/18                                                                 Wis: +3    Cha: +0
Armour Class: 12                                              Luk: 16

Not really sure why Leila had it out for him, Zen ignored her push. The woman was crazy anyways, no need to worry about it. He would much rather have the company of Ray or jayne on this voyage than her though. jayne was good company. Always making people laugh, whether it was intentional, or not. Ray was a good listener as well. At least, Zen though he was. Maybe it just seemed that way because he never spoke. Either way, Leila is the last one in the group he wanted to be stuck on a ship with. Figuring that there is nothing better to do, Zen walks around the main deck and looks around a bit. Maybe there's something interesting lying about. After his little stroll, he walks over and asks the Captain "So, where are we off to again?"

Spot Check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 7, total 7[/blockquote]

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tokilin

The red captain smiled at Zen, he really did like being out on the sea. "We're off to a small town on the southern continent, we'll ask for supplies and head straight back. Hopefully nothing will happen. Hopefully we'll be back by tomorrow night." The red captain yelled some things to some of the members of the crew. The sails seemed to billow and take in a bit more wind.

Zen's look around the deck didn't seem to reveal anything interesting. Most of the crew were doing their jobs from scrubbing to managing the ropes and keeping a look out for any signs of danger. The ship had a couple doors, two leading to the innards of the ship while one lead to the captains room.

Leila found recluse down inside the ship, peace and quite accompanied with the rocking motion of the boat. The sea smell probably resurfacing memories of her hometown. One of the crew members approached. "So you're one of the ones that Ashen hired, eh? You don't look to tough. Care for an bout of arm wrestling? Perhaps cards?"

Zito

Health Points: 7/9                                           Dex: +0     Int: +4
Strain Points: 17/18                                                                 Wis: +3    Cha: +0

His stomach rumbling, Zen decides to look for the mess hall. He decides to go through the door closest to him, leading to the innards of the ship. Once inside, he looks around for any signs of where some food might be. He's hungrier than usual, as his last meal was slightly cut off by a scream and finished by a Jayne.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

"Soak it in, Ray", declares Jayne.  "I do believe that's the smell of death.  Why don't you use a torch to shine some light on the situation?"
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Ray was confused, surely the Half-Orc had his own torch in his adventuring gear. Never the less, Ray took out a torch and ignited it. He proceeded to hand the torch to the Orc, after all, Ray was a mute and if danger was in front of them, it wasn't as if he could yell "run" or "watch out".

Millarz

Leila calms a little at the sound of sloshing ocean on the ship's sides. The sorceress takes a deep breath in, smelling the salty air akin to Port Unity's. It reminds her of the first time she had been on a boat, before Arya was attacked in the woods.

"Nice and easy," her father had said as he held a miniature fishing pole with her, hand in hand. The sky was filled with baby-eyed blue from horizon to horizon and the waves were as gentle as a mother rocking a crib. Father and daughter swung the rod in unison, back and forth and back and forth until one burst of exertion sent the hook in a flying arch until it plunked a few feet in front of them into the blanket of sea. "There you go, sweetie! Your first cast with a real hook!" her father cheered. His short beard tickled the top of Leila's head. The little toddler giggled in excitement.

"Can I fish nooooow?" a nine-year-old Arya whined from the background.

"Let Leila have her turn first, cupcake," her father replied. To Leila, he said, "Now all we have to do is wait for a-" A small tug cuts his speaking off. Her father's eyes widen. "You got one, Leila! Wow, that was fast. You must be a master fisherman. Reel it in quickly!"

With Arya pouting behind her, Leila reeled in as fast as her little arms could move as her father held the pole. A splash on the surface gives her a surge of energy and she turns even faster. Stay on the hook, little fishy. Daddy will be proud of me if I catch you. Stay on the-

An unfamiliar voice shakes the sorceress from her memory. The more he talks, the more she feels the thought slipping from her mind and though she tries to grasp for it, the voice is pulling her away. Memory nearly forgotten once again, she bristles at the insult from the crew member, but as she has nothing to do at the moment and wants to exert some physical energy to satisfy her lingering anger, arm wrestling doesn't sound like such a bad idea. "Fine. Let us arm wrestle," she mutters, having been mostly sedated by her reclusion.

Arm Wrestle
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 14, total 14[/blockquote]

Zito

His stomach rumbling, Zen decides to look for the mess hall. He decides to go through the door closest to him, leading to the innards of the ship. Once inside, he looks around for any signs of where some food might be. He's hungrier than usual, as his last meal was slightly cut off by a scream and finished by a Jayne.

Nom Check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 13, total 13[/blockquote]

I forgot to roll the first time :/

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

Jayne hands the torch right back to Ray with the insistence that he leads.  The fighter cannot see a mute behind him, therefore his lack of voice would be even more useless than normal.  Jayne can at least observe anything that might surprise the mute. 

Plus...Ray might make a good meat shield. 
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

The forced Ray walked into the disturbingly smelling hull. The torch shone in the dark, revealing hole-y walls and dank smells. Jayne could see just fine in the very low lit area. Viewing the room, it consisted of most of the inside of the ship. The cannons had rusted, and the balls as well. Ropes was scattered everywhere like on the deck. There were 2 rooms at the back, one probably used to go to the bathroom, and the other most likely a storage room.

Zen's look around the inside of the hull pulled some sorrow from his stomach. It was clear that the ship didn't have much in the way of supplies, and rations were handed out at specific times. He did however see a Leila locked hand in hand with a sailor, their elbows locked against the table in an epic test of true might.

Arm Wrestle:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 12 + 2, total 14[/blockquote]

The sailor has a +2 to strength. The sea has hardened his body. I also wished to test out the adding and subtracting on the rolls.

Tokilin

The result of a tie means that the player wins. If not barely.

Leila struggled, it was a fierce battle against the sailor but gradually Leila slowly pushed the man's hand downwards till it met the table. Leila had won the long battle of might. The sailor was impressed, but slightly miffed at losing the duel. "Well, you've got your might. Slightly stronger than I am. I guess you'll pass, but if something happens to the ship, try not to get to involved. I'm sure you're not as wise about the ship, nor as experienced."

Millarz

"Hm. Fair fight. We are almost evenly matched," Leila concedes. "However, I am a sorcerer. My intelligence and wisdom far surpass my strength." The woman flashes a small smirk full of hidden thought and calculation. "Care to put your money where your mouth is in a game of cards? How about if you win, I'll take your deck-swabbing duties. If I win..." She thinks for a moment and asks, "Do you happen to have a fishing pole?"

Zito

Name: Zeeto Nailo               Bonuses:           Str: +1     Con: +1
Health Points: 12/19                                              Dex: +3     Int: +3
Strain Points:  0/24                                                Wis: +2    Cha: +1
Armour Class: 16                                                 Luk: 9

"I'd be careful around this one" Zen speaks up to the sailor. "You never know what she might try to pull."

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Millarz

Leila smiles at Zen's comment. "On the contrary, you are the one that tried to kill me with fire. You managed to singe my clothes," she pouts in front of the crew member. "I'd never try to kill you!"

furryoldlobster

Although the room likely to be for storage is quite tempting, Jayne has other matters to attend, and enters the bathroom. 

Spot Check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 10, total 10[/blockquote]
~ cinema sign.

Zito

"So now you're trying to frame me for something I didn't do? You have problems woman."

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tokilin

Jayne opened the door to the bathroom, light from the toilet hole shone through and gently illuminated the room. It was a small room, and the toilet hole reached out over the side of the ship, directly over the sand. If the boat had been afloat, it would have been over the water making it easy to dispose of your waste. Although it was a toilet, it was clear the crew knew how to use it, it was quite clean as all the waste left the ship. It was clear the smell didn't come from this room. Ray never entered, he figured the Orc had other intentions, he did eat a large dinner.

Millarz

"Hm. Tell that to my singed robes," Leila says in a calm, patronizing manner. It takes all her concentration to do so. Her insides are filled with burning, raging thoughts at the man's insult. Thoughts of burning Zen, to be specific. She turns back to the crew member. "Now, about that card game?"

furryoldlobster

Jayne Vs. Tiny Toilet
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 11, total 11[/blockquote]
~ cinema sign.

Millarz

Are you trying to poop in it?

Not trying to dance with it

Tokilin

Jayne is successful in his battle with the toilet. Jayne feels relieved at the feeling and regains 1 strain point.

Jayne doesn't use strain points.

furryoldlobster

Feeling particularly light, Jayne, literally, jumps back into the same room as Ray, stares brazenly at the storage room door, and runs at the barrier without regards to his own body.

I know doors open, but....charge
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

You'd think the door to the storage room would be a stronger than normal. Normal people would think that. Jayne wasn't normal. Jayne charged the door, all of his might went into the charge. He didn't know what was on the other side, but that door wasn't going to stop him. Or so he thought. Jayne slammed into the door, his large weight creating a large amount of momentum. The door won, sending Jayne flying backwards after his face met with the door. Ray looked disappointed at the Orc's charge, slightly wincing upon Jayne smashing into the door.

Jayne takes 1 point Damage.

furryoldlobster

"What?", Jayne balks from on his back.  "Anthro Panther got your tongue?"  Jayne stands up and, wisely, attempts to open the door instead of running into it. 
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

The door opens with ease, in fact the latch even looks brittle. It's a wonder how Jayne hadn't managed to break it when he slammed into the door. The smell of death and decay slammed into Jayne's nose, the putrid smell of rotting flesh couple with the sound of hundreds upon thousands of flies. Sitting in the centre of the room was a large pile of bodies, all of them missing their heads. It was plain to see that this was once the crew for the ship Jayne was now on. Aside from the bodies, the storage room was completely empty.

furryoldlobster

Jayne looks around, hopefully to find a body that might have belonged to an officer during life. 

Spot Check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 16, total 16[/blockquote]
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

The sailor grins. Pulling out a simple deck of cards, he dealt two cards in front of Leila and two cards in front of himself. "I assume you've played BlackJack? It'll just be a single game." He proceeded to flip one of the cards in front of each player. "Well, it's your move first."

Sailor:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d13 : 11, total 11[/blockquote]

Leila:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d13 : 12, total 12[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d13 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]

I shouldn't have to explain this one. The numbers represent the cards, suits don't matter unless you get 10-13 and an 11. I'll assume it's a blackjack in that case. 1 is an ace. If you're unfamiliar with blackjack, we have the internet.

Tokilin

Jayne sees the body, its corpse headless but with a uniform belonging to someone of higher rank.

furryoldlobster

Jayne isn't an experience sailor, but he believes these people should probably have heads.  He walks to the highest ranking corpse and begins a more thorough investigation.

Corpse Check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 13, total 13[/blockquote]
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Jayne finds the corpse to have only it's clothes on, no other belongings a captain should have. The neck wound seemed to be a rather clean cut, almost as if someone had used a guillotine style of execution.

furryoldlobster

Could these men have been killed to keep secrets...or identities hidden?  Maybe both!  *whew* Jayne's usually dense mind has been stretched with so much thinking.  Good thing for that attack on toilet earlier, otherwise he might not have the energy to continue. 

"Hey mutey!", Jayne calls to Ray.  "Have you ever seen anything like this before?"  A simple nod or shake of Ray's head should suffice for now, but if the mute has paper and a writing utensil, it might be note sharing time. 
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Unfortunately, Ray doesn't keep a pen and paper on him. He believes that he is a master at charades. The cleric twirls on the spot, arms flapping like a bird in the process. He then stands on his head and shakes it "no".

If you haven't guessed, ray sucks at charades. He's also an NPC, Furry. unfortunately, he won't be much help. Except in battle.

furryoldlobster

"Do you know much of seafaring, specifically, where we could find this ship's identification and possible route?"  Again, all Jayne hopes for is a yes, or no, signal; or a possible follow me to the proper area signal. 
~ cinema sign.

Tokilin

Millarz

"Blackjack, you say?" Leila raises an eyebrow at the crew member. "Why, that's a game of probability, not skill. But if you insist..." She sat down and daintily bent her cards to look at the one face down. She has 16? What an awful hand. It is just in the danger zone to go over with one more card but too low to win if she stays. Still, a card from Ace to 7 would put her in a decent spot and 7 cards safe compared to 6 cards failing is in her favor... barely. With that logic in mind, Leila announces, "Hit me, baby" with a hint of sarcastic allure.

Hit me baby one more tiiiime!
[blockquote]Rolled 1d13 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

This is confusing, a confounded Jayne thinks to himself.  Someone must know about this boat.  It was almost definitely ransacked.  This size of crew wouldn't depart without proper supplies, right?  Perhaps a bird's eye view could help.  Jayne wonders if the mast and sails could hold up his weight. ...

"Hey Ray", Jayne calls.  "Is there a local lizard man expert?  Or maybe somewhere I could learn more about them?".     

~ cinema sign.