Main Menu

News:

Come join us on Teamspeak

The Shaded City Mystery

Started by furryoldlobster, February 26, 2014, 12:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

furryoldlobster

Xander Prometheus, master of the Shaded City Guild, noticed the talents of three individuals and promoted them to Guild Protectorates.  Their job was to protect the guild from any offense, be it external or from within.

24 hours later, and the guild was destroyed....

An explosion blares throughout the guild hall.  Most members were aware of a possible attack, but this devastation is far bolder than anyone expected.  Zeeto, Lanor, and Arya, our three recently promoted heroes, immediately rise to see the true horror of this offense.  These warriors grab their respective weapons and move to investigate; Lanor, his bow and quiver with a dozen arrows; Arya and her double bladed halberd; and Zeeto his khopesh blade.   

The explosion emanated from the barracks down the hall from the Protectorates.  Had this been just one day prior, our heroes would have been at the heart of the attack and burnt to crisp guildies. 

The roof, stressing the strength of pillars holding it up, won't last long.  Zeeto, Lanor, and Arya run outside to the streets immediately before the entire structure collapses on itself.

They are confronted by 3 drooling goblins armed with rusty blades that look as if they'd break at a slight breeze. They stand precisely across from each of our Protectorates.

How will our heroes react?

Roll for initiative
Zeeto
Rolled 1d20 : 10, total 10
Lanor 
Rolled 1d20 : 20, total 20
Arya 
Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1

*Here's where I break DM character a bit.  Depending on these rolls, players should answer (in order of highest score first).  In future battles I'll add in enemy initiative, but here, we learn how to play this on a forum board.  Respond pretty much however you'd like, and as your DM, I roll a die to see how successful you are. 

An example might be (assuming Lanor gets highest initiative)...
Lanor readies his bow, grabs an arrow, aims, and fires at the goblin directly across from him. 

The first thing to roll is a 20 sided die, or d20, to see if you'd even hit the enemy.  Use the forum dice roller to roll a d20 (PM me if you don't know how it works)

If you roll above an 8 (because these goblins aren't really super tough despite their ability to blow up a building), you'd hit your target.  I'll let you know how much damage you inflict, and the next highest initiative would respond. 

You're not limited to attacking.  You could, in theory, choose to attempt to cartwheel in front of the goblins as a distraction.  Or maybe you want to grab a two by four engulfed in flames and wave it about as if the goblins are tyrannosaurs.  Who knows....it might distract them...?

****I've re-edited this post and now the forums have claimed a dice warning.  THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS TO CHEATERS...and moderators trying to exemplify rules.
Sustainability comes from small gestures. Don't let your comfort become waste.
~ cinema sign.

Woodsy1995

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 7, total 7[/blockquote]
From Lizard to John O' Groats, is the land I own

Woodsy1995

Dammit i forgot to say what I wanted to do, is this how it works?

Lanor attempts to move off to the side so as to get a better position to attack the goblins with his bow

furryoldlobster

Lanor paces to his left, forcing the closest goblin to focus solely on the gnome ranger,  readies his bow, and fires

You didn't specify if you'd like to attack.  You may move a short distance and then strike, which is what I assumed you're trying to do.

Lanor scores a 7 but his dexterity modifier turns his score to a 9

HIT!

Lanor's arrow effortlessly glides into the goblin's chest, who immediately drops to the ground

It is now Zeeto's turn.
~ cinema sign.

Zito

Zeeto dashes forward, his blade raised high, and strikes at the goblin nearest him.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

Zeeto swings his blade at his target, but the goblin dodges the strike.  However, Zeeto  focuses the goblins' attention on himself instead of Arya and Lanor.

It is now Arya's turn. 
~ cinema sign.

Millarz

This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20 : 8, total 8
Arya sends her wolf (I'll come up with a name later) to the last goblin to distract him. When his back is turned, Arya lunges in to stab his back.

(Btw trying to tamper with this roll here to see what it does This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d6 : 2, total 2
er... oops. I didn't think it would do that The text up top is the original roll. Wait it says it's been tampered with even if I just modify the text. I think we should keep the dice roll to a different post so we can still modify the text without making that angry red text come up)
I should come up with a clever signature... eh I'll do it later.

furryoldlobster

Arya's Wolf emits a bright and distracting light, and play-bows to the goblins. This successfully averts the attention of both enemies, who've now turned their backs to Arya.

Arya swings her double bladed staff at the third goblin.

HIT

The creature has no time to react and drops lifelessly to the ground

The last goblin is now surrounded by Zeeto, Arya, and the incandescent canine.  He moves to strike Zeeto with his rusted short sword

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 8, total 8[/blockquote]
~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

MISS

The goblin's attack is easily avoided by Zeeto

Note:  The reason why he missed is because the AC roll in the post above is less than 13, Zeeto's AC score.

It is now Lanor's turn. 
~ cinema sign.

Woodsy1995

Lanor takes aim at the third Goblin but attempts to disarm rather than kill the creature so as to interrogate

Not sure if this is allowed but yeah haha

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 17, total 17[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

Its totally allowed and I like it.  Its a tough shot, so you'd need an 18 or higher.  Thanks to your dexterity modifier you get a 20 (but not a critical.  you'd have to roll an unmodified 20)

Lanor carefully aims at the goblin's armed hand, and lets his arrow fly. 

HIT

The arrow flies true. It not only penetrates the goblin's hand, but also the wine barrel conveniently next to him, holding the creature at bay for the moment

It is now Zeeto's turn. 
~ cinema sign.

Zito

(So, Toki says I should have rope, so I'll try to use it XD)

Zeeto attempts to grab the goblin's hand and tie it behind its back.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 18, total 18[/blockquote]

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

The goblin tries to free itself from the implanted arrow, but before he can, Zeeto easily subdues and restrains this monster.  It continues to struggle in attempt to free itself.

The Protectorates survey their surroundings and see the rest of the town is untouched.  The guild seems to be the only target of this attack.

Arya, you're up. 
~ cinema sign.

Millarz

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]
Arya brings up the halberd to the goblin's grossly wart-filled neck to crush all it's ideas of escaping. Staring into it's frightened eyes, she demanded, "Why did you blow this place up? Who sent you here?"

furryoldlobster

Although most humanoids in this realm do indeed understand at least a few words in goblin, this dialect is far different than anyone in the party has ever heard.

All members of the party preform wisdom checks.  Checks, unlike AC rolls (which you must score higher than to hit), must be within the range of the particular affected ability, + or - your ability modifier.

Lanor: 2 (3 including mod)
Zito: 3 (5 including mod)
Arya: 7 (7 including mod)

All member successfully preform wisdom checks, and recognize just a few words of goblin.

Starting...revenge...lesson...

A dart flies, from beyond the burning wreckage that once was the Shaded City Guild, to pierce the forehead of the goblin.  The victim of this interrogation is dead before another question can be asked.

The party turns towards the new assailant, but to no avail.  This mystery attacker escapes through the smoke and cinder. 

The ruckus of the attack wakes several town officials, including the sheriff of Shaded City.  He's an older human, who's served the city for, at least, decades.  Most of the town has the utmost respect of the man, although our Protectorates question this conclusion. 

The sheriff, who looks as if he can barely lift his sword, questions, "What goes on here?"

The entire party may either PM one another on how to answer, or may answer separately. 

~ cinema sign.

Zito

Zeeto replies "Officer, we have been attacked by a band of Goblins. We fought them off, and even captured one. Unfortunately, before he could say much, an unknown assailant silenced him."

(Not sure if I'm supposed to roll here, but I will anyways.)

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 17, total 17[/blockquote]

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

Zeeto suavely explains the situation.

The Sheriff responds, "Quite a story, tall elf man.  I'll have my men look at your guild."

The sheriff eyes the unarmored Protectorates.  "I reckon all your armor, money, and supplies were in that there burning building.  Talk to the armorer and the general store owners.  That 'splosion woke 'em for sure.  They might be able to help you out."

The sheriff sends over several officers to contain the fire, and assess the damage.  Thankfully, the explosion and ensuing fire was precisely limited to the guild.  The general store is on the east side of the guild, and an armorer just to the west.  A small residential district lies further west.  The road out of town, and most likely from where the goblins approached, is further east. Unlike most towns, Shaded City has banned the distribution and consumption of alcohol, so there's no pub.

The sheriff grabs the goblin and question the Protectorates, "You all done with this?", and drags the carcass behind him as he saunters off to the west. 

I've added 100 exp to your characters.  Congratulations on finishing your first combat! 

Now, you've got choices.  You can visit the stores, follow the sheriff, go off on adventure, or something else entirely unexpected.  You may answer in any order, as this is out of combat.  Keep several things in mind.  Your charisma and comeliness modifiers take effect in conversations.  It's sometimes wise to have one member speak for the group.  However, you don't need to stick together whilst in town.  I'd suggest leaving town as a group though.  The world outside town is full of bandits, creatures, and any manner of dangerous beasts and animals.  PM one another if you wish (its probably going to help out a lot). 

You don't need to roll d20 for super basic things, such as... Player attempts to walk into store .  Do roll before any conversation, be it bartering or flirting.  If you try to steal something, you'd roll.  Want to follow someone stealthily?  Roll d20.  Want to just follow, without care of his notice, no roll needed.  If you don't think you need to roll, PM me first just to be sure. 
~ cinema sign.

Millarz

Ayra makes her way off to the shops, leaving the other two to do as they please. She passes the wreckage of her old guild with a somber, dragging walk; she was looking forward to protecting this place and the first time she was put to it, she failed. Not that there was anything she could have done. It was a surprise attack and she did the best she could. Arya consoled herself with these facts and walked on with her head down. Because her head was down, she spotted a purple flower shining through fallen beams of the guild by the light of her luminous wolf. A mandrake! She realized at once that this was the guild's rare herb garden and this one root had been saved from destruction. She greedily dug up the root and pocketed the herb. Perhaps, she thought, the root could fetch a pretty price with the shop keepers. Otherwise, she could keep it for personal use, as a sleeping aid, or in larger amounts, a deadly poison. Feeling happy about her find, she walked into the town shop, leaving her wolf just outside so as not to scare the shopkeeper.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 11, total 11[/blockquote]

Zito

Zeeto attempts to follow the sheriff, keeping just out of sight.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Woodsy1995

Lanor decides to go over to the Armourers to procure some weapons, he arrives to find the shop open for business and begins to talk to the owner about weapons, after bartering Lanor turns attention to quests and asks if their are any favours that the owner needs doing, Lanor also notices the owners short responses.

This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20 : 14, total 14

Woodsy1995

had to tamper as i kept writing Woodsy instead of Lanor original roll hasn't changed

furryoldlobster

Its totally cool.  This is an evolving game and I appreciate all your patience to help it continue.
~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

Arya successfully identifies mandrake root

A bell rings as Arya enters the general store, with the illumination from Arya's wolf fading as the door shuts.  Its a fairly standard general store.  Lanterns, oil, tents, food, and other basic survival supplies line the walls.  There's surely more valuable supplies hidden behind the counter.

The human shop owner is clearly happy to see the potential customer is a fellow human.

"Welcome to the Shaded City general store!", he declares.  "Is there something I can help you with?  The sheriff's men explained the situation. Our town guild has helped out my store several times over, and I'd be happy to offer basic supplies on whatever journey lies before you."

The store keep shows Arya a backpack with basic explorer supplies: waterskin, 10 ft rope, flint & steel, sleeping pad, hatchet, bush knife, and a slightly used torch. 

The shopkeep adds, "I'll throw in some field rations for you too.  Here's 3 days worth.  Be sure to check out the armorer.  He might pay good money for an exotic weapon like the one you've got."

Sidebar:
Way to go Millarz on trying to identify a plant!  This is the sort of back and forth I like between players and the DM.  Keep it up!

Also note that I did, although secretly, roll against Arya's identification attempt.  Because of her herbalism feat, she successfully identified the plant by just 1.  If I rolled a little higher, she would have misidentified the plant.
~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

Zeeto follows the sheriff in stealth

The Sheriff, perhaps due to his indiscernible age, and questionable hearing, has absolutely no idea he's being followed.  Zeeto easily tracks the sheriff through the residential district and into his home.

Zeeto peeks over the edge of a window to witness something unexpected by the elven Pretectorate:  the Sheriff skewered the goblin with the intent of cooking and eating it!

Zeeto knows goblins are technically edible.  Its not unlike eating spoiled fish that's been living in a sewer drain for a bit, but yes...its technically food.  Zeeto grimaces in severe displeasure as this elected official sinks his teeth into his grotesque meal.

It seems Zeeto, although quite surreptitiously, has quite completely wasted his time following the sheriff.

~ cinema sign.

Millarz

Arya is pleasantly surprised. She wasn't expecting so much kindness from the general store owner. "Thank you very much, kind sir" she replies, "and would you happen to have supplies for my two friends as well? And possibly... some other useful rarities? My party will be traveling far to find whoever attacked our guild. All the help we can get would be appreciated." She looks up at the man with an innocent, little girl smile. Yes, she is a girl, however perhaps not so innocent as she looks. That being said, there is no hint of malicious intent in her gaze. She truly only wishes to see his rarities. She continued, "I have a rare herb to trade for something useful. It was only found in the Shaded City Guild Gardens and all but one was destroyed. It will fetch a pretty price to a paying customer."
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 11, total 11[/blockquote]

(Lol yuck I'd never think to eat a goblin unless I was desperate :p And how does rolling against me work anyways? You have to roll lower than I do +- modifications from my feat and stuff? And phew for identifying it correctly!)

Zito

Zeeto turns away from the gruesome scene before him, disgusted by the sheriff's actions. He decides to join Lanor in the armory, to see what he can find. On his way there, he thinks he spots the assailant in a side alley, and rushes after him. Unfortunately, it turned out to be just a sewer rat running from a nearby stall with his prize. Zeeto stops him, and asks him to quietly hand it over, and the boy obliges. Zeeto then continues his short trek to the Armory, after returning the stolen goods.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

You've got it, Millarz!  Its called a check roll, and is similar to armor class (or AC rolls).  Your d20 roll (with any modifiers) must be higher than my check roll.  This is why modifiers are so useful.  They can completely save any action attempts (as it did with the plant identification).  Keep in mind, rolling a 20 or 1 would be an extreme success or failure, respectively.  No matter the modifier, you will succeed or fail.  Additional unexpected actions tend to follow.  No spoilers, so you'll have to find out what happens when someone rolls one. 

The armorer is noticeably displeased the moment Lanor enters the store, but attempts to help Gnomish customer nonetheless. 

"We've got weapons",  speaks the storekeep as he points to his right.  "and armor".  He gestures to the left.  The shelves are sparsely filled with equipment.  There are a few uninspired steel swords in dire need of sharpening, an odd spear that's been halved and connected with a length of rope, several hide quivers with a sign above it marked "errowz?", and a barrel with staves of different woods.  The armor side is slightly more impressive.  There are several sets of padded leather armor, chain mail shirts, and one remarkable brigandine coat.  Further inspection of the armor shows it once beared the mark of the imperial guard, but has been scratched away.  This is not an uncommon practice even inside the Capitol and its towering pillared walls. 

The distant Capitol, once this realm's pride, fell into disarray nearly three decades ago.  Countless intentionally confusing and poorly worded bureaucratic laws, and a poorly instituted, mandated, standardized educational system destroyed the most powerful City from the inside-out.   Its been long been abandoned by anyone with money or means to escape.  The remaining Imperial Guards usurped control through brute force and utter fear, pillaging and raiding the homes of the citizens they were once elected to protect. 

Its no wonder at the store-owner's attempt to hide this armor's origin. 

As Lanor navigates the stock, Zeeto enters the store. 

The owner is clearly unhappy to see an Elf, and speaks to him as if here were an infant.

"Ohhhhhhhh.   Heeeellllloooooo.", greets the owner.  Each word is more drawn out and simply spoken than the last.  "Theeese are caaaalllled weapons.  Yooou caaan make a nice wooden figurine with a smaaaallller kniiife."

~ cinema sign.

furryoldlobster

The general store-owner's eye's light up as soon as he recognizes the root.

"That IS something!", declares the owner.  "I'm afraid I don't have much to offer for such a rarity."  He ponders in consideration for a moment. 

"There's a man, just out of town. Claims to be some sort of alchemist.  He'll pay good money for something like that.  I'll give your allies packs and supplies if you three deliver a small parcel to the man. Deal?"

~ cinema sign.

Woodsy1995

Lanor asks the armourer if he can exchange the spear on the rope for something he also greets Zito asking about what the guild master has to say, he then suggests we should go and meet up with Arya, hopefully she has had more luck than I with the shopkeepers of this awful capitol

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 10, total 10[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

Back at the armory

"Do you even know how to use it?", questions the agitated armorer.  "This is an ancient weapon from lands no one has even heard of.  Don't touch it, or look at it, or try to breath near it.  Its meant for proud human hands, not clumsy Gnome flesh mitts, or dainty fists of an Elf"

The storekeep down at the weapon, then pans between Lanor and Zeeto, back to the weapon, and smiles.  "Tell you what....if you do me a little favor, its yours.  There's a lake outside of town just a few days walk from here.  At the bottom of the lake lies a very special weapon.  Its a sword unlike any you've seen.  If you bring it to me, you may have anything in this shop."

Sidebar:
I roll a charisma check for the storekeep against Lanor's and Zeeto's wisdom.  He rolls a 4 which is well within the boundaries of their wisdom, and therefore doesn't fool anyone.  Had he rolled higher than your wisdom, he story would have been more believable.

Lanor and Zeeto aren't fooled for a moment.  This man is clearly lying, and instead sending the two on, at best, a wild goose chase.
~ cinema sign.

Millarz

"Thank you very much!" says Arya. "I shall go deliver the parcel just as soon as I hop to the armory! Good day to you, sir." She walks out of the shop and to the armory with her wolf right behind her. Leaving her wolf outside once again, she enters the armory and is surprised to be greeted by both Zeeto and Lanor, as well as a shopkeeper who looks as if he could use some intelligence-boosting potions.
After greeting her two party members, she walks up to the counter and says, "Hello, sir. I would like to trade this halberd for a weapon more suitable to a ranger. Perhaps a bow and some arrows, as well as some sort of blade and armor to go with it. Would you be so kind as to show me what there is in store?" Arya glances around the shop and spies some valuable gear hidden among garden-variety armor. "Your shop is lovely," she adds. "Surely you have top notch equipment. I must travel with these two here gentlemen to find the criminal who blew the guild up. All the help I could get to bring those criminals to justice would be appreciated. It's for the protection of you and the city. What if those criminals come back?"

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 15, total 15[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

The shopkeep couldn't be happier to see a human walk through his door.  He immediately ignores Zeeto and Lanor to bring his focus onto Arya.  He greets her, "hello fellow human, its excellent to see you this evening.  This is all my armor, and the brigandine is the finest protection we offer.  For that rare exotic weapon, I'll offer the brigandine coat for you along with a wooden hunting bow and a quiver of arrows. "

SUCCESS *

He eyeballs Arya's allies.  "For them...they can take the padded leather.  But you want my advice."  This is clearly rhetorical as he doesn't pause for response.  "Ditch these jesters, and get a real man on your force."  The owner stands attempts to stand tall and sucks in his gut in a pitiful attempt to impress Arya. 

*Successful due to several elements, most importantly because this armorer is more than slightly bias towards humans.  She also had a high roll which I used for a charisma check.
~ cinema sign.

Millarz

Upon a different circumstance, Arya would have given the shopkeeper a verbal licking for his utter blind racism. For now, she held her tongue, as the shopkeeper had control over the equipment she would obtain. Arya made a slight bow to the shopkeeper. "Thank you for your offers. I'd be honored to don this brigadine coat and the hunting bow shall work perfectly. And these "jesters" are finer party members than they look. Besides, he can fit through smaller holes," Arya said, motioning to Lanor, "and he can reach things off of higher shelves that shortie me can't reach," she said with a little smirk. Perhaps humor would make this shopkeeper less disagreeable? "All three of us are rangers, so I would need a melee weapon to protect myself just in case something jumps on me and I can't draw my bow. A dagger would do. Would you happen to have a suitable dagger available?"
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 19, total 19[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

The shop-keep, although disappointed the ease of her rejection, leans down to grab a small box from behind the display counter.

"I've got this", speaks the owner as he unhinges the lock and opens up the small case revealing a brilliant, perfectly sharpened steel stiletto with a deep red hardened leather handle.  "I hate to part with this weapon, but this tiny box isn't a proper home for such a beautiful blade.  Its yours for a favor". 

Surely, something vulgar is about to come out of this miscreants mouth, but surprisingly, his offer is legitimate. "I mentioned a lake in jest.  Well this lake actually exists, although it IS slightly infested with flesh eating fish.  Probably don't swim in it.  There is nearby cave where this brigandine and stiletto were found.  A locked chest, too heavy to carry, lies in this cave.  Split the contents of this chest with me and we're square."

The grotesque store owner slides the case to Arya.  The blade is now hers, regardless of whatever follow through she might plan.
~ cinema sign.

Zito

Zeeto doesn't like the armorer's attitude, and decides to have some fun. "So, you want us to go on a quest for you?" He says slyly as he slowly saunter's closer to the armorer. "Why not sweeten the deal? You gave our friend here that fine blade, why not give us something just as nice?" Zeeto is now close  enough to the shopkeep to see the pores on his face. "My Gnomish friend here is an excellent shot with a bow, and we want something as well." On the word "we" three more Zeetos appear and surround the vendor.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 15, total 15[/blockquote]

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Millarz

Arya was hoping the shopkeeper would be kind enough to offer all three of them daggers, but the one he gave her was perfect for its job. She inwardly winces at at Zeeto's lack of tact. Apparently diplomatic butt-kissing wasn't his way of dealing with things. Then again, that tactic probably wouldn't work comping from an elf with this shopkeeper. Having gotten what she wanted, Arya let Zeeto have his fun and hoped he would get something out of it for himself and for Lanor.

Woodsy1995

Lanor waits caring little for the armourer, however this quest he mentions to Arya sounds interesting, If the shopkeeper has seen this chest their may be something rather rare in their, especially his weariness of telling two of other race, this leads me to believe their is something important in there. Out of the corner of Lanor's eye he sees multiple Zeetos, having seen this trick before Lanor began to laugh. Realising that they had spent far too much time in this town Lanor wanders over to the Sign marked "Errowz" and begins correcting the shabby spelling.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 16, total 16[/blockquote]

furryoldlobster

*kerpflunk*  The racist, decrepit shop-keep hit the floor like a sack of potatoes after the sight of multiple Zeetos.  Closer inspection reveals the fainted man will, not only be out for hours, but will wake up to nothing but a pair of soiled pants, and an error free arrow sign. 
~ cinema sign.

Millarz

Arya feels bad for leaving the man like this after he presented her with a gift,  but she supposes he does in a way deserve it. She takes another quiver of arrows just in case and puts it in the backpack she got from the general store. To herself, she thinks that if the three rangers do find the chest and manage to open it, she'll secretly drop some of its contents off at the shop unbeknownst to her party members and the shopkeeper. Certainly not much of the chest and nothing too valuable. But she couldn't leave someone helpless like this no matter how rotten he or she was.

To the others, she says, "What do you say, boys? Shall we go investigate that chest he's talked about? Personally, I'm up for it. But first, we should go visit this alchemist the general store keeper told me about. I have to deliver something to him so the general store keeper will give you guys a backpack full of essentials. This alchemist will probably give us helpful items for when we go exploring. I could go myself, but it's just outside of the city and there's safety in numbers. You guys coming with or am I soloing this?"

Zito

Zeeto stops his illusion. "Yeah. Let's go." As he says this, he grabs the hunting bow and hands it to Lanor. He then grabs the Brigandine Coat and puts it on. Zeeto walks out the door, and waits for his companions.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Zito

Zeeto thinks a bit once he is outside, and steps back in to the store for some unfinished business. Zeeto sees a room in the back of the store, and decides to investigate.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

The storage room is mostly empty, although brightly lit due to several oil lanterns.  A bare small table with a lone chair occupies the nearest corner of the room.  There are several crates, without anything of much value, although Zeeto notes a box of fine bowstrings.  The rest seem like more shoddy equipment:  insecure steel swords that would have trouble slicing butter, tattered cloth armor, and...another, smaller, box marked "lidel errowz".  Clearly, the author meant crossbow bolts.

~ cinema sign.

Zito

Zeeto grabs the bowstrings, figuring he can use them or sell them at some point. He then looks around a bit more hoping to find something more worthwhile.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 7, total 7[/blockquote]

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Millarz

"Jeez thanks for stealing my stuff," Arya says to Zeeto. The thick-headed elf walked out the door instead of replying, so Arya just rolled her eyes and snooped around for another brigadine coat. She found one, less shiny than the other but still just as good otherwise and browsed the bows in stock and picked up the one that felt it fit her best. She still had the dagger, now sheathed with an ornate sheath she picked up behind the man's counter. She knew his store would be looted by robbers before he woke up. Might as well take some things for her personal use rather than to be sold to some shady street-dwellers. Zeeto did not seem to want to accompany her to the alchemist and Lanor was not paying attention, so she set off the the old man herself.

Out of the city and nearly at the alchemist's house, Arya spotted a small wild boar. Having not had breakfast because of the goblin hullabaloo, her stomach rumbled thinking about the hog's delicious bacon underside. The boar hadn't spotted her yet, so she drew up her bow and arrow and took a shot at its eye. Perhaps this piggy could be lunch?

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]

(I am actually really hungry right now and now I want bacon. Darn it.)

furryoldlobster

A further investigation of the room reveals the walls are made of cobblestone, and the floor, of some sort of wood.  Perhaps mahogany.... 
~ cinema sign.

Zito

Undaunted by his lack of finding anything so far, Zeeto takes an even closer look at the room. This time, he hopes to find something.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 13, total 13[/blockquote]

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

Nope....its Oak.  Meanwhile, the store owner stirs a moment, but recedes back into his induced slumber. 
~ cinema sign.

Zito

Zeeto sighs heavily. "Well, I guess there's nothing here after all." Zeeto leaves the room, and subsequently, the shop. He kicks the shopkeep a bit on the way out. Zeeto heads in the direction of the alchemist, hoping to meet up with Arya.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

furryoldlobster

Arya's Now Solo Journey:

MISS

The arrow's trajectory starts true, but is altered by the foliage.  The wild pig, now aware of Arya, sprints away from the old man's house and towards the town. 
~ cinema sign.

Millarz

"Drat," Arya says as she scuffs her feet on the ground. She walks to go retrieve her arrow. Upon finding it, she looks up to see a much bigger, tusk less hog a few feet in front of her. Dang, that little porker must have been her baby. Too bad. Arya was hungry for bacon and the hog was standing there looking at her in a defensive position. Arya threaded the retrieved arrow and fired it straight at the mother's eye. She seriously wanted bacon.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 9, total 9[/blockquote]