Main Menu

News:

Online Since 2012

Mod idea

Started by Blaidrug, February 06, 2014, 06:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaidrug

I had been thinking.
There has been talk of war, and there seem to be a lot of people who would find that fun. Myself included (of course, as a Golem, I'd probably stand back and watch. Nooot sure)

But, there's a bit of a problem. How would we do that with so few people involved?
Say there was a war between the Orc's and the Elves (just an example, no lore backing this up), how would that happen with generally one orc online and usually only a few elves?

Then I started thinking. There's a bunch of mods out there that incorporate unit hiring (the LOTR Mod comes to mind, since they've got the right races for our server) that we could possibly add.

Of course, since forge is not officially updated to 1.7.4 yet (a few prereleases, but that's it), and none of the mods (LORT Mod included) are up to date yet, this is merely speculation.

I'm just wondering what y'all thought. Throwing the idea out there.
Who's afraid of the big, bad wolf...

Tslat

The server runs bukkit, not forge though
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

Blaidrug

ooh, That could help then.

Another up side to most of the unit hiring mods out there is to man the forts even when the users aren't there.
Personally, that'd make breaking in that much more fun ;D

Tslat

We may be able to have a long term war without a ton of people.. Just some clever map making.. I might talk to allpone about this
Like what you see here?

Blaidrug

A long term one, yea. Basically kill on sight type thing.
I always got the impression a full scale epic battle was wanted. Might just be me.

There is also the problem something like that would cause lag, all the moving and attacking entities.
Iunno, just something I figured y'all would like to think about.

Tslat

Well the server needs longevity, so long term events are handy.

I have a few ideas in mind
Like what you see here?

Blaidrug

Oh I believe it T.
lol I'm slightly afraid of your ideas, but I'm here waitin'.

On that subject though. I agree, longevity is very important. We already have the England/France relationship (e.g. Elves v Dwarves) but smaller battles aren't necessarily a bad idea. Often actually helps to further the longevity, even adding flavor to the lore.

Kathryn

Quote from: Blaidrug on February 06, 2014, 06:42:14 PM
Oh I believe it T.
lol I'm slightly afraid of your ideas, but I'm here waitin'.

Okay the fact that my character would totally smack you with a book for suggesting war aside (as a player, I think it could be interesting... just not for Kat, since she'd run for the hills the second somebody tried to get her to fight), this makes this thread worthy of awesomeness.

I'm slightly afraid of your ideas... Geez, that made me laugh.

Blaidrug

lol Well, yea. I'm a Golem, not exactly a warring race either.
But, I'd still enjoy sitting back with some KFC and watching the fighting.

And can ya blame me?
I personally get a distinct evil genius vibe from him when it comes to games and server ideas lol

Kathryn

Quote from: Blaidrug on February 10, 2014, 02:35:59 PM
And can ya blame me?
I personally get a distinct evil genius vibe from him when it comes to games and server ideas lol

Lol, I never said I blamed you ;) I just said you cracked me up for straight up admitting it.
I can guarantee that you're not the only one — though we all love Splat for it anyways~
Well, in regards to that last bit, at least I do :P