Main Menu

News:

Come join us on Teamspeak

Golem Questions

Started by Blaidrug, January 29, 2014, 12:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaidrug

Ok, I haven't been accepted yet, but I still have a few questions relating to the server as a whole and for the Golem race in general.

As a Golem, am I allowed to kill?
I assume, since Orc's are the only ones allowed to kill on sight, that it would be only in self defense.
But, what about body looting? Say I'm right and I kill someone in self defense, am I allowed to take the stuff they had on them? Or do you have the keep items gamerule on?

Also, it's mentioned in the race rules that we can use the blessing potions. What exactly are these?
I know that we don't have the knowledge to make our own potions, but are we able to use them if we were to find them?
Are they considered shinies that we can steal, or is it one of the "only when absolutely necessary" (slash) "the golems wouldn't even think about the potions as anything but human bile?"

Ooh, that's another thing. Do we, as a race, hate the others? Or would that be a character specific thing lol Like, I figure we don't love others because most of them try to kill us, but not necessarily hate with the same passion the Orc's do.

Are there specific skins we need to use for them, or were those pictures more for a guideline
to make our own / find our own?

Also, do we have the nametags turned off?
On the one hand it'd be a lot easier to track someone or hunt them down when you can see their nametag through blocks (thinking as the one who would run, mostly lol but it'd post no challenge for the hunter). On the other hand, it'd be harder to tell who's who without them. hmmm

Now, as for Golem community, do we stick to the same base/cave, together, or can we spread out on our own? Probably unwise, with the rest of the world hunting us, to venture on our own, but you get the idea.

Wow, that was a lot of questions o.o
Can't say I'm not enthusiastic about the world ;P
Who's afraid of the big, bad wolf...

Obi42

Hey Blaidrug...

Golems are run a little differently than the other races.  Most of these questions we'll answer for you in game, as the answers aren't generally shared with the other races. I'll have to make sure we can accept you as one... we did just get a new golem a week or so ago, but he hasn't been back on, so you may get the slot. Being the thieves of the server, if there are too many golems, none of the other races will have fun.

As far as skin's, those are just a guideline, feel free to make your own.

We can't accept ya for it until you catch either Allpone or myself online on the server, as our white list process requires ya to be on the server when we get you your tag...

But before we go too much further down the rabbit hole, Re-read the golem rules post, and not just the top (I haven't finished condensing it yet). The restrictions for golem are no joke, and unlike the other races, you won't be allowed to switch races. If you get tired of being a golem after your first week, that's it. We catch on fire in the sun, we can't craft anything with metals in the recipe, restricted to wood swords, and can't break any block outside of our base besides dirt or sand (which have to be replaced immediately), and can't place any block outside of our base (besides replacing the dirt/sand we pass through).

It's one of the hardest races to play, so make sure you really want to be one, cause as cool as it sounds to sneak around and thieve, it's far from easy.
"These are not the mobs you're looking for..."

Blaidrug

Ok, sounds good to me. I'll get on later tonight. And, I understand fully. If I can't be a Golem, that's fine.
But the challenge is actually why I picked the Golem first.
First and foremost I'm a survival nut, love a challenge.

Obi42

If that's the case sounds like we'll be happy to have ya.  I noticed on your app that you're having trouble with TS.  All the golems are on teamspeak, and that would make your training a lot easier if you're able to get on.  I'm also in pacific, and besides popping in throughout the day, I'm almost always on after 5pm.

Look forward to talking with ya.

Blaidrug

Yea. I can still use it, but it's more difficult because it means using push to talk.
Not a big deal, but my laptop tends to lock my mouse when I press too many keys at the same time lol
I'll definitely be on TS, though.

Obi42

Sweet... we actually prefer push to talk in TS. If you have a 5 button mouse, I use one of the extra's for my talk button, works great.

Blaidrug

You know, I actually do, but I never thought to put it on my mouse o.o
lol I'm smart.
Put the Pickblock and sprint on those other keys, but not PTT.