Main Menu

News:

We are back baby!

new server map

Started by elboone, October 17, 2013, 09:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

which option do you like the most

temp new map (just until the issues are fixed)
1 (11.1%)
keep the server running until it works
0 (0%)
perma new map
8 (88.9%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: October 31, 2013, 09:25:18 PM

elboone

As you know, there are problems with the Tekkit server. In order to keep the community happy, we restart the server with a new map.
the love lost is the hate found

Zito

I'm assuming you mean on the first option to keep the old map's file, and put it back when we find out what the problem is?

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

elboone

Zito

Sounds good to me. I vote option 1. Also, just so everyone knows, if the majority vote is at least 75% towards one of the options to change the map, I will do it if it is ok with Clay. I will do whatever option has more of the vote.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

elboone

i have reset the votes to 0 for the simple fact that i have change the wording a bit

Zito

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Sybl

So if we do new map, I suggest we 100% do a full re-install of tekkit, update tekkit to the new version that's out, the whole shebang.

Woodsy1995

or switch to FTBunleashed?

Apparently its better, Just an idea though
From Lizard to John O' Groats, is the land I own

Zito

We will have to talk to Clay about that one Sybl. Also, if we do FTB, I'm not admining it, since I know nothing about the Modpack. Sorry Woodsy...

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Landicon

Soo a verdict yet? x3 Im guessing you have to wait for clay to give you the greenlight to flip the switch

Zito

If Clay says yes, we will do a backup and all that and go for it.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Landicon

Ill get up and early before work just to claim my ravine/mountain :D

Zito

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Woodsy1995

Quote from: Zito on October 17, 2013, 10:46:41 PM
We will have to talk to Clay about that one Sybl. Also, if we do FTB, I'm not admining it, since I know nothing about the Modpack. Sorry Woodsy...

That is Fine With me I hardly use it anyway
it'll giveme a chance to catch up with you guys anyway, finally show you how tekkit should be done ;)
From Lizard to John O' Groats, is the land I own

Sybl

Feed The Beast is a retarded shitstorm of mods put in a modpack by 12-year-olds. It's about 75% overlap and really provides little challenge.

And Zito, starting a new map is one of the few times we'll actually get to update tekkit fully and make sure everything works from the get-go, we might as well do it if we're wiping the map.

Tslat

On the point of completely wiping and restarting the Tekkit server fresh in terms of mods, I love the idea..

As for the map, don't really have thoughts one way or the other
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!