We are back baby!

ShireTown

Started by Trospades, October 08, 2013, 11:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obi42

Looks amazing!

Quote from: Trospades on November 07, 2013, 12:15:14 PM
if youre talking about the cauldron, its supposed to be a sink :P

I think he's talking about the bottom picture, in the street... it does look like a storm drain to me.
"These are not the mobs you're looking for..."

Trospades

oh that, yeah they lead into a sewer system. I havent really gotten around to building it yet so its only planned out in my test world.

Trospades

New house just finished.

Though it has been fun building these i am seriously running low on materials again. So far i've gone through about 30 stacks of oak logs and 17 stacks of white wool, if anyone has any extras of these im willing to buy.

Zito

Awesome job as always! I would give you materials, but 90% of my stuff went bye bye awhile back...

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Trospades

I set up a small donation area in spawn along with coordinates to the town.

I really do hope no one griefs though...

Tslat

If they do, let me know and I'll be on their ass in minutea
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

Zito

Griefers will not get away with it. Core Protect is always watching... I don't think we have any Griefers in the community right now anyways, so everything should be fine.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Trospades

Well got another house done.

This house is pretty small but it has a shack directly attached to it completely dedicated for storage. Currently working on the cellar which will be accessible form outside.
Btw thanks to whoever donated the stone and logs you are awesome :D

Zito

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Trospades

Getting the other side of town done though im in desperate need of white wool.

On the bright side there are enough houses  for people to start furnishing or moving in.

Tslat

Got spare glowstone or emeralds? I can do bulk white wool if you want
Like what you see here?

Trospades

i have about 6 emeralds though i can only spare 4, what can that get me?

Tslat

3.5 stacks of white wool?
Like what you see here?

Trospades

could you bump that to 4 stacks?

Tslat

Mmmk, leave me the emeralds in a chest and tell me coords.. And I'll leave you wool.. You got a nether tunnel?
Like what you see here?

Trospades

I'm pretty close to spawn so I don't really need one atm. The coords for my town are near my shop (x-60 y64  z1256) I'll leave a chest with your name on it in the town plaza.

Tslat

mmmk, you'll have your wool this afternoon when I'm home
Like what you see here?

Trospades

Managed to get this other side of town done.

I've grown very fond of this little town im building, i think its time to let people move in and furnish some of the houses and probably get some villagers here.
The only problem with the town so far is my little hut that's stuck in the middle of the plaza. I got a few full chest in there but I'm too lazy to move them. =_=

Zito

I am really in awe at how amazing this town looks. I too am wondering what the prices on houses are though.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

schuminator85

Looks really good, I like the natural look of it all!
It is what it is

Trospades

uh i really wasn't considering pricing the houses. Houses are just first come first served, you'd just walk into the town and place a sign on the house you want with your name and wait for me to OK it (except for the inn, only rooms are up for reserve). If there aren't any houses you like you can always request for a specific kind of house to be built for you.

Zito

Awesome! I'll have to come check it out one of these days!

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Woodsy1995

I love the town, i will come have a look at it soon :)
From Lizard to John O' Groats, is the land I own

Trospades

UPDATE TIME:

I've made quite a bit of progress, i built a few more houses but they're a bit more difficult to see because they're hidden behind small alleyways. I finally finished removing my small wheat farm and placing it somewhere else. Last but not least is the cozy little fishing shack sitting above the water :3 although i wanted to start the port there it seemed a bit too inconvenient (btw if you know how to build boats let me know, i need builders.)

I got online with my modded profile so i can take a picture of the minimap, just to give you guys a layout of the town.

Tslat

Quote from: Trospades on October 14, 2013, 11:48:46 AM
Its now compatible with forge so its a lot easier to install though frame rate will be an issue if your computer cant handle shaders that well.
[/quote

Forge isn't compatible with mcpatcher, so i can't use it
Like what you see here?

Trospades

Was there a reason for quoting that? O.o

Tslat

I completely forgot about the 3 extra pages, i was replying to  post on the first page lol.. I'm losing it
Like what you see here?

Trospades

Finally, i got some work on the sewers done!

Tslat

Agreed, well designed.
Like what you see here?

Zito

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Trospades

I'm thinking of adding little secrets passageways and stuff in the sewers to just give people places to explore but that will be done when the sewer is expanded a bit more.

Here's a bit of a spoiler you guys could look forward too :3

BTW im in need of some daylight sensors so if anyone has quartz ore and some glowstone they can sell me that would be great...

furryoldlobster

check prometheus' shop at the spawn.  He's got quartz and glowstone for sale.
Sustainability comes from small gestures. Don't let your comfort become waste.
~ cinema sign.

Trospades

Checked it out. He sells quartz blocks and the cant be turned back into regular quartz :[

Trospades

Thanks! how much for it?

Tslat

I think he's looking for a little more than 6 crystals..

Tro, Someone came on this morning talking about how they had come back with 17 stacks of quartz... I think it was schuminator85...
Like what you see here?

furryoldlobster

T, how many comparators/sensors is he trying to build?  He's not looking for blocks, but the individual crystals.  Pro's got blocks, if he's trying to go for that. 
Sustainability comes from small gestures. Don't let your comfort become waste.
~ cinema sign.

Tslat

Like what you see here?

Trospades

Thanks for the heads up guys, for now i only need a bit of quartz crystals but i might build something out of the block (quartz is a very pretty building material :3) Maybe like a church or maybe some fancy high class building idk

Trospades

Started working on the mill by the wheat farms and im pretty content on how it looks so far.

Trospades

Im not trying to sound like a self centered ass hole but i never really liked being complimented, it just makes me feel awkward most of the time like i just sit here not knowing what to say. Either way i don't usually think of my builds as awesome just a little things that have accumulated over a long period of time. Hope it didn't come off as rude :P.

sharingjan

The great thing you do is that you take the most out of your texture pack in human mind logic.
I never use a texture pack, only for the adventure maps I play sometime. But with the thing you
are building here I almost want to use a texture pack too.
There are no stupid questions except for stupid questions

Trospades

I dont think of it as something thats difficult to do, just something that requires a bit of creative experimentation. Either way im just doing an update, i expanded the sewers a bit. Now theres a large center in the sewer were all the water will flow towards. Sofar i think the sewers are the slowest part of this town, it just takes so much time to mine and shape out the area for it.

Trospades

Aside from working on the sewers I've worked on Harrie's book for a while. Its one of the little secrets in the sewers with 23 pages so far but it will be expanded upon. Have fun guys >:D

You find a moldy old book with many missing pages. Upon closer inspection you find that is is the journal of a man named Harrie who has been living in the sewers for a bit more than over a year. There are many entries missing but the ones left seem completely intact.

Tslat

This would have been nice if it was moved incredibly far out, and then you could expand on it as much as you wanted and make it huge.

Good job as always, keep it up
Like what you see here?

Zito

I might have to come check out those sewers; I love books XD

~Zito #corrupt4dmins