Main Menu

News:

Come join us on Teamspeak

Another peanut for the gallery

Started by soubuckeye, May 05, 2013, 06:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soubuckeye

Here I am, and I am here.  I stumbled across the site after getting an invite from Clay over on Minecraft Forum, and thought I would give things a go.  Anyways, my in game name is soubuckeye.  No, that's not a typo.  "sou" is short for "Southern" and buckeyes...well, that's my Ohio connection.

Time zone: Eastern
Favorite game other than MineCraft: Black Ops 2, Modern Warfare 3, Madden, Bedroom Golf
How you found out about the server: Invite on Minecraft Forums by Clay
How long you have played MC: A few months.  Still kind of a n00b, but have been addicted by "Minecrack."
Your pets names: Tinker (Lab/pit mix - and named by my 3 yr old daughter) & Princess (a cat named by my wife)
What you are good at in MC:  Punching trees, falling into lava, killing endermen and pissing off creepers. :)  Seriously, though, I'm still learning the game but have been focusing on game basics and learning some useful tricks like NPC farming, enchanting lots of goodies, etc.
What you are good at IRL:  I'm kind of a jack of all trades in real life.  I teach middle school history for a day job (one reason I prefer an 18+ server), and for my "get away from my wlife hobby is a rail operations volunteer at the North Carolina Transportation Museum.  With that, I help restore, maintain, and operate vintage railroad equipment.
Type of music you like: Wide range of tastes.  I can switch from Metallica and Pantera to Kenney Chesney or the Grateful Dead in a snap.  Generally, rock and country.  Specifc artists (other than already named) include Dave Matthews, Govt Mule, Toby Keith, Ramones, Pink Floyd... Umm... that road goes on forever.
To you like sports: Isn't it a man-law violation not to?  Football is the greatest sport man ever invented, and Baseball is the greatest sport God ever invented.  I grew up in SW Ohio, so I am a huge Reds, Bengals, and Ohio State Buckeyes fan.  I also like the Carolina Hurricanes, and Tony Stewart when it comes to Neck-car.
Do you play any sports: Not anymore.  But I do coach the girls track team at the middle school I am at.
Are you apart of any other communities?: I have been a member of (now defunct) TPC Clubhouse on the online golf game, ShotOnline.  I'm also a member of Frontrunners United, which has had a presence in several games.  I joined up with them in Heroes in the Sky, but got burnt out by that game.  Their biggest presence has been in World of Tanks as of late.
What time do you normally play game?  Usually in the evenings after work.
Do you like bacon?: No,  I don't.  I love bacon.  Bacon makes anything better. 
Have you ever been in a helicopter? [/b][/i] Not one that was flying.
Have you ever been out of your home country? Yep.  Been to 3 Canadian provinces (New Burnswick, Ontario, Alberta), St. Marrten, the Bahamas, and England.
Anything else you can think of that you would like to share with the community. 42.  Give me some good wings, a good steak, and a good craft beer and I am a happy guy.
The views expressed may not be those of the management.  In fact, they're likely just the irrational ravings of a certifiable lunatic.

Woodsy1995

thank you for sharing the meaning of life with us :) and welcome to the forums and the community join us on mumble sometime
From Lizard to John O' Groats, is the land I own

Fraisone

Welcome Soubuckeye. Hope to catch you on the server some time.
Did I do that?

Clay

The meaning of life the universe and everything is a big deal to share with everyone. I'm glad you decided to join the community. Join us in voice chat sometime. 
http://youtu.be/7XL8HV0GcPM  <--Share the video