Main Menu

Some builds on the creative world I've been working on recently

Started by Toa Mata Nui 9, November 15, 2015, 02:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toa Mata Nui 9

So at the moment I only have two builds going on Creative.

One is a possible tp tent-thing for the Arena, assuming it (the Arena) is going to be in its own world (like with Semi, Creative, Horror, and Vanilla all being in different worlds)

The other is a skyscraper-type build, inspired by a Star Wars book I read, wherein it mentioned the buildings of Imperial City on Coruscant being "kilometer-high." So, I am making a scaled-down version of a 1000 meter-high building, trying to make it look as close to what was described in said book (on the outside), and filling in the rest with whatever I feel would be appropriate ... or just temporarily trying something funny, such as this Colorful  arrangement (see image below):

I could use some help with various parts of said skyscraper build, however, and would appreciate any help in its construction, interior design, or decoration.
~Current Claytonia Vanilla Minecraft Photographer, Toa Mata Nui 9

(If you need to contact me, you can usually find me on Steam.
However, I will try to check my inbox on the forums more often, so if I'm not [available] on Steam, try PM-ing me here.)

Tslat

Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

Toa Mata Nui 9

I actually don't remember what exactly the ratio I used was, but I do recall trying to make it without-a-doubt able to fit within the max build height, and not wanting it to be too big.

I'm fairly certain that I was scaling it down by 12, because I went back and tried it, and it came up as 83 1/3m.   (It's current height -- in-game -- is 84 3/8 meters)

I probably just added the extra meter of height to make it work better with the spacing I wanted to use with the different floors in the building.

However, I will try to check my inbox on the forums more often, so if I'm not [available] on Steam, try PM-ing me here.)

Tslat

Take a look at play.minecraftfurniture.net
You can't really do anything on that server, it's just a display server used to show off building designs and internal decoration
Might help
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

Woodsy1995

From Lizard to John O' Groats, is the land I own

Toa Mata Nui 9

Thx, Tslat!

As for the coordinates, Woodsy', I am not sure. Just go towards Clay's floating island -- I believe it is south east of the Creative world spawn, which is where you should be coming from in order to best find the area in which I've been building... at least until I can get the coords for it, anyhow -- and keep going that general direction until you see one of the following, but when you come across the village, you've somehow gone too far:

• a green tent-like structure
  • an incomplete (mostly framework) of an under-construction Andesite-and-Gravel-coated tower
  • a tall glass pane, stone brick, and fences-capped-with-walls structure with an "S" shape in the center
  • a Slime Block elevator design I experimented with fairly recently, about 4 layers tall
The latter two are to the right of where I built -- coming from the Creative spawn -- whereas the former two are actually part of the area I've (officially) been building in. The village I mentioned is further on, past those two areas.

Toa Mata Nui 9

Quote from: Woodsy1995 on November 17, 2015, 09:36:43 PM
what are the coords?

The coords are:

X:     536
Y:       15   (although I assume one is irrelevant)
Z:   -137

(Those are the coordinates for the second or third layer of the "scaled-down" skyscraper)

Toa Mata Nui 9

Apologies for posting 3x in a row;

On the creative, so far I have a realistic-looking chocolate chip cookie, that tent thing I mentioned earlier, some random dyed armor experimentation area, an incomplete Darth Vader helmet, a skyscraper still under construction (technically speaking), and a few other things as well.

The only picture I can find with anything in it made by me aside from the skyscraper build--that cookie, before it was anywhere near done.

Kind-of wish the Creative server was back up, but I do realize there is little point if there are few people even getting on the Semi-vanilla server.

Zito

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Toa Mata Nui 9

Quote from: Toa Mata Nui 9 on November 15, 2015, 02:56:44 PM
So at the moment I only have two builds going on Creative.

The other is a skyscraper-type build, inspired by a Star Wars book I read, wherein it mentioned the buildings of Imperial City on Coruscant being "kilometer-high." So, I am making a scaled-down version of a 1000 meter-high building, trying to make it look as close to what was described in said book (on the outside), and filling in the rest with whatever I feel would be appropriate ... or just temporarily trying something funny, such as this Colorful  arrangement (see image below):

I could use some help with various parts of said skyscraper build, however, and would appreciate any help in its construction, interior design, or decoration.
The book was either:

STAR WARS: (The Jedi Academy Trilogy: Volume 3,) "Champions of the Force", by Kevin J. Anderson
or
"STAR WARS: Heir to the Empire", by Timothy Zahn.
It could have been either, although it would seem to be the former: I had found the familiar section I knew to contain the quote: "he took a last glance at the faceted skyline with its kilometer-high skyscrapers," right where I expected it be in aforementioned "familiar section", which was easily found in the book by Kevin J. Anderson.

« Reply #10 on: Today at 10:50:24 AM »
Quote from: Zito on May 29, 2016, 07:03:00 PM
Why is the andesite and gravel not even? It hurts!!!
My apologies for not noticing this sooner!

It is intentional, to break up the textures' patternings, and to... I'm... I'm not really certain.
... I believe I had gotten the idea from Youtuber, "Grian". Check out his channel if you need some inspiration now and again, because it can help with that, on occasion.

I thought it would help to try to mix some similar colors and textures, in order to prevent it from being all Andesite, which would look rather boring, and be far too plain for what I was going for.

Zito

Mixing blocks is fine and all, but when you have them going one to one ratio then one to two randomly it looks bad.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Toa Mata Nui 9

Again, I broadly note reference videos on Grian's YouTube channel.