Main Menu

News:

Online Since 2012

Claytonia's Modded Server!

Started by Tslat, October 11, 2016, 05:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tslat

Welcome to Claytonia's Champions Server!

There are a lot of modded servers out there. A lot of them offer most of the same things. They fill their packs with as many mods as they can in a vain effort to be unique. What people seem to forget is that quality is greater than quantity.
This pack is built with less than 20 mods, and every one of them will test you, and bring a whole new experience to Minecraft itself.

Why do I call it Claytonia's Champions?
When you first join the server, you'll notice the classic Tslat-style spawn. For those of you who aren't familiar with that: It's bare-bones. You aren't dropped in a giant castle or city. You're not faced with a lengthy intro segment or tutorial.
What you do get is simplicity by definition.
You'll get a few things to help you out to start with, but from then on; you're on your own.
Run off and find shelter. That's where the standard Minecraft experience ends. From that point you will face tough mobs and persistent challenges.
With everything this pack will throw at you, I highly recommend working with a friend or even a team.

Build a home, defeat the many bosses, collect your trophies and build your armoury.
Become a champion.

So how do you join?
Firstly, to be able to access the modpack for this server, you will need the Technic Launcher

Go ahead and click the link above and install the launcher, then sign in with your Minecraft credentials.

Once there, visit the modpack page here: http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/claytonias-champions.902061

Up the top-right of the page, you'll see an 'install modpack' button, click that and follow the instructions provided.

All that's left to do is join us!
If the first IP doesn't work, try the second one:

forge.claytonia.net
192.99.46.153:55654

Welcome to Claytonia!
Like what you see here?

We can't keep doing it without you!

Toa Mata Nui 9

Sounds wonderful  !,^)
  I'll be on asap.
~Current Claytonia Vanilla Minecraft Photographer, Toa Mata Nui 9

(If you need to contact me, you can usually find me on Steam.
However, I will try to check my inbox on the forums more often, so if I'm not [available] on Steam, try PM-ing me here.)

Blaidrug

I'll check it out tonight, when I get off work ^^ YELLOW, ya best be on when I get there, ya beautiful goat bastard
Who's afraid of the big, bad wolf...

Zito

I'll check it out tomorrow!

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Clay

Having slight technical difficulties setting up the DNS. for now the forge.claytonia.net will not work.
you will have to use the ip for a day or two until i get it sorted. sorry for the delay.
192.99.46.153:55654

edit: October 12 @ 2pm (-5GMT)
Once the DNS propagates forge.claytonia.net will connect you to the server. 
http://youtu.be/7XL8HV0GcPM  <--Share the video

Zito

Could we get a final list of the mods that are in it? I'm new to most of them and I think I should do some research.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tslat

I'll clean this thread up later,  but heres the list

Advent of Ascension
Backpacks
Bibliocraft
Biomes O' Plenty
Doors O' Plenty
Mo' Creatures
Iguana Tweaks
Pam's Harvestcraft
Streams
Tinker's Construct
Thaumcraft
Thaumic Horizons
Thaumic Tinkerer
Twilight Forest
NEI (Not Enough Items)
WAILA (What am I Looking At?)
WALWA (What are we looking at?)
Like what you see here?

Zito

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

joe21221

Any rules on Nether portals? Will they cause any lag issues with the server?

Tslat

Can't think of anything that might be a problem there, feel free to use em.

I'd be grateful if people refrained from using them in gold farms, but aside from that, all good
Like what you see here?

Tslat

Alright I threw something together to manage some of the mob problems:
- Walkers no longer spawn
- Bomb Carriers no longer spawn
- Hellspots no longer spawn
- Chargers are 15% slower
- Hill Chargers are 15% slower
- Chompers are 15% slower
- Scrubbies are 15% slower

Steel ingots are now craftable by using 5 iron ingots and 4 coal in a crafting bench. Put the iron ingots in a cross shape.
The steel ingot output will be invisible until you grab it until I make a client-side mod for it
Like what you see here?

Zito

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tslat

One more update today after noticing a few things:
- Void chargers movement speed reduced by 15%
- Swamp chargers movement speed reduced by 15%
- Aggressive mobs from nevermine no longer spawn in high light levels (This one in particular will save a lot of headaches)
Like what you see here?

Woodsy1995

From Lizard to John O' Groats, is the land I own

schuminator85

Gonna have to take a look at this!
It is what it is

Clay

I know it is holiday season but, how is the server population? Is it still running well(no lag)?

Zito

I'm not sure how it's been, but I'll be able to start playing again tomorrow, work finally died down.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tslat

I've been away, but not much has happened really

Server host still runs it well
Like what you see here?

Toa Mata Nui 9

I'll be getting back on soon, for the first time in a long time. Hopefully I didn't miss much!

8) ILL BE BAC 8)

However, I will try to check my inbox on the forums more often, so if I'm not [available] on Steam, try PM-ing me here.)

Clay

Not too much happening on the server lately?

Tslat

Yep, It's been pretty dead

It had a good run though, was fun
I'm giving it another week before I make any judgements
Like what you see here?

Zito

I'm sorry I haven't been on, I've been playing too many other games to find any time for it. What with getting back into runescape, playing league as always, Rocket League, Overwatch. Minecraft kinda took a backseat to all those unfortunately. On the bright side, I'm still donating so the server can at least have a tiny tiny bit of funding.

~Zito #corrupt4dmins

Tslat

No need to apologise Zito - it's just how it goes.

Running the servers does cost Claytonia money too however, so we like to try keep a monitor on it so that it can be brought down if no-one uses it
Like what you see here?

Toa Mata Nui 9

I would also kind-of like to apologise... I haven't been on much either, especially these past weeks, found a pastime more enjoyable, more consistently had people,... I-I'm sorry, I almost feel as though I have betrayed this community for it, but... we seriously need more events—official ones, community events, times where we can set aside for certain things, to get on as a community, and hop in a chat room on Discord or TeamSpeak, like it was in old times... .
am thinking back to the Claytonia Minecraft server, in the versions back before 1.9—and even before late 1.8

old times...
...times past, and seemingly long-gone, never to return again...  :'(

Old times... I miss them, to be honest. I miss when around 3-5 people or so would be on at once, most, if not all in TeamSpeak, ...and... I miss that, I miss it dearly, but it is just... it seems like a thing of the distant past now...  :'( I-I'm sorry...